Minimally Invasive Bunion Surgery NYC
What is PROstep™?
PROstep™ is a minimally invasive surgical technique developed by Wright Medical a leader in foot and ankle surgery. Mr. David Redfern and Dr. Joel Vernois first described this operation in a UK French collaboration and have trained surgeons worldwide in their techniques.
Our surgeons have found that the potential advantages of using a burr for minimally invasive procedures include:
- less pain
- earlier return to function compared to an open procedure
- smaller incision
- less soft tissue disruption
- smaller scars
How does PROstep™ work?
- PROstep™ trained surgeons use minimally invasive techniques, generally resulting in a less painful and faster recovery.
- The PROstep™ system, used in more than 50,000 procedures worldwide, is optimized for these procedures by a leader in foot and ankle, Wright Medical.
- Only PROstep™ trained surgeons can offer PROstep™ MIS procedures.
After surgery with PROstep™
PROstep™ surgery can both reduce pain and improve the appearance of your feet. However, for best results, see your doctor as scheduled and follow all recovery instructions carefully. As opposed to open surgery, your feet may feel much better sooner and you may feel you are ready to get back to your life.